Sunday 10 February 2013

30 days of Meditation

One of my other new year's resolutions was to start meditating daily.  For some reason, I never got around to this one.  Well, I figure better late than never.

Starting tonight, I'm going to meditate for at least five minutes every day for at least 30 days.  I'm very curious if I see a change in my stress levels and clarity because of this.

I really believe we need to treat our health as a whole, part of it through diet, the other through exercise, and lastly our mental state of mind.  I've read a lot of articles lately on the benefits of meditation.  I think it's time to stop talking about it and just do it.

I'm not sure really why I keep putting it off.  I mean, who doesn't have five minutes to spare?  I've tried setting my alarm clock a few minutes earlier, but first thing in the morning I a just too tired.  At bed time I just want to go to bed.  But really, these are just excuses.  Like anything else in life that takes effort, like exercise, it is about developing a habit.  That is why I am committing to this for 30 days.  After that, I'm hoping that I will have developed a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment